Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How to Really Love a Child

I haven't got any cards right now as I am in the middle of moving all my craft/stamp stuff around for my new room. ( I cannot share a room with my 10 year old anymore!) So I thought I would share this little letter I found while I was going through all my stuff.

How to Really Love a Child
Be there, say yes as often as possible. Let
them bang on pots and pans. If they're
crabby, put them in water. If they're
unlovable, love yourself. Realize how
important it is to be a child. Go to a ,ovie
theatre in pajamas. Read books out
loud with joy. Invent pleasures together.
Remember how really small they are.
Giggle alot. Surprise them. Say no when
necessary. Teach feelings. Heal your own
inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug
trees together. Make loving safe. Bake a
cake and eat it with no hands. Go find
elephants and kiss them. Plan to build a
rocketship. Imagine yourself magic. Make
lots of forts with blankets. Let your angel
fly. Reveal your own dreams. Search out
the positive. Keep the gleam in your eye.
Mail letters to God. Encourage silly. Plant
licorice in your garden. Open up. Stop
yelling. Express your love. A lot. Speak
kindly. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle
with caring.
Children are Miraculous!

No comments: